Tuesday 28 February 2012

Liverpool :)

We are finally in beautiful, beautiful Liverpool. Why so beautiful? We're in a HOUSE!! Yes! The lovely Belinda, Andrew and Lucia are hosting us for five nights and it is just so nice to be in an actual house. More about that soon.

This morning we checked out of the hotel, went to the pub for breakfast and then bid adieu to the girls who were flying to New York today!! I'm going to miss them all a lot, but I know they will have a brilliant time. The day was then full of sitting around. We didn't have quite enough time to do any sightseeing or go far from our hotel or our train station, so we organised some photos and the like. Then at 4pm we took a train from London Euston to Liverpool Lime St. I slept for a lot of the trip, and on either end I had to seriously restrain myself from buying any books. Being in a country where all the books are in English is intoxicating.

Belinda picked us up, being the lovely, obliging person that she is, and we came back to their house (house, guys! A house!) and had pizza, tea, beer, biscuits and conversation before falling into bed at about 10.30pm. This morning we slept in until about 11am, and boy, did I need it, and today I plan to read, do washing, and lie on the couch. Utter. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment