Thursday 29 March 2012

Electrical pulses

Apologies for the lack of blog over the last few days. The charger to my netbook has died and I am trying to conserve the battery power. Sean, being the lovely man he is, has arranged for a new one to be sent and it should arrive sometime today, so fingers crossed! The last three days we have had a continuation of utterly gorgeous weather. Weather that is too hot to wear jeans in, with completely cloudless skies and a very faint breeze. It's been unbelievably beautiful and I wish, wish, WISH my back/legs were feeling better because it's the kind of weather that makes you want to run around in a park. The last three days I have been for walks around Crosby, completing various errands, then coming back to the house and putting frozen peas on my knee and trying to stretch my hip. On Tuesday I went to a physiotherapist and he was pretty amazing. He gave me a very painful massage to loosen up my back and then put a machine on my back that sent electrical pulses through my muscles. The machine went for 15 minutes and it was about the most bizarre sensation I have ever experienced. My back felt like someone else's when I stood up afterwards, and for the next hour, I could still feel the same sensation after I left the physio's, but it definitely felt better than it had. I'm going back on Monday for a follow-up. Belinda and Andrew have been the perfect hosts, and it's been so nice to have home-cooked meals and a place that is not full of strangers while I am feeling so rotten. Don't get me wrong, I love meeting new people, but pain makes me anti-social. Since I had the crazy electric therapy, I have felt quite good once the day gets going. Mornings are the worst though, and that is what I am hoping will get better. Sean is having a great time with Tim and Helen and seeing a show every day. I miss him but I am really pleased he's getting to see stuff at his own pace rather than have to constantly be waiting for me. Today I plan to do much of the same - walk, sun, read, ice my knee, stretch. Until my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment