Tuesday 14 August 2012

Whelp...

It's been so long since my last blog post. I think I'm averaging about one a month. But hey, at least I've continued with it...somewhat...

I got a job! Yay, finally! Through a lovely set of friends of mine, I am now an accounts assistant for a small business fairly close to my house. It's not really like any type of job I've had before, but the people are lovely and are really good at teaching me. It's just nice to be establishing a little bit of routine.

I finished my manuscript and sent it to a literary agent, as you may or may not already know, and have now finished my latest assignment, so I plan to slowly send it out to more agents in the hope that I will get a response. Even if it is to say 'no thanks', I'd just like them to say why not. I know they are busy people and the last thing I want to do is come across as an amateur. So here's hoping I can look a bit spesh!

I have become a bit of a library hermit. I know this doesn't make sense, but I've never really used libraries for leisure before. Just study. I don't know why I used to break my bank so regularly, buying stacks of books I couldn't afford and then not even reading them. Until I get a bit more earnings behind me (yay for new job!) I will just stick to the library as I work through my LONG AND EXPANDING list of stuff to read.

Also, my show is nearly over! Three more performances, then an apparent break. I auditioned for a very funny play, but wasn't successful. Ah well, next time. In the meantime, I am just enjoying doing a show with a big bunch of friends.

And tea. I like it, and I bought lots of it. Mmmm camomile.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment