Thursday 15 March 2012

Fell asleep on a bus today.

This morning we were meant to go to the bus station at 10am. We were there just after 11, minus Sean because he was still showering, but it meant I caught up with all my photos! Yay :) We sorted out what we needed to do to get to Derry on Monday and then headed off to do our own thing. I planned to go to the Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship museum, but my back was sore and my legs were sore and there was really no reason why I absolutely had to go, so I went back to the hostel and did more of my photos and journal entries. I walked to the Old Jameson Distillery (and along the way found a great discount bookstore) and then met Kim and Sean to do a tour of the distillery. The tour was nothing exceptional, but the tour guide was lovely and Sean was on a team of volunteer tasters who compared different whiskies. We all got a glass of complimentary whisky, which I have never really enjoyed, but I had mine with cranberry juice and it was quite nice. We were going to head to the Guinness Storehouse but Kim and I were nearly falling asleep on our feet. So instead, we jumped on the Hop-On, Hop-Off Bus that goes round the city with a running commentary. That was really enjoyable, but I managed to fall fast asleep anyway, in a big noisy bus heading down the centre of Dublin. After the bus we went to a small pub near the hostel for dinner and watched a football match, not something I have ever done, but I really got into it! Then we came back to the hostel and have literally spent the last three hours talking to a guy from Ireland and a guy from Morocco. Great times, hazy days. It's been a good day, and I am trying to psych myself up for a bigger day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment