Friday 2 March 2012

Crosby Beach

Our last full day in Liverpool! I actually surfaced before 9.30 today so I had time to Skype Dad for his birthday, then I headed to the doctor to just make sure I wasn't going to kill myself by accidentally taking too much ibuprofen for my back. Apparently I won't. Yay! Then Sean and I walked down to Crosby Beach to see Antony Gormley's 'Another Place' which are a series of cast-iron sculptures (100 in total) of men that stretch for 2km down the beach. It was beautiful, and not quite like anything I've ever seen before. Then we stopped for a truly epic hot chocolate (it was drowned in whipped cream and marshmellows and involved a mug of hot milk and a block of milk chocolate on a stick. You melt the block in the milk and it's delicious) and scrambled eggs, before heading back to the house to do some washing and veging out. When Andrew and Lucia got home, we took Luce for a quick grocery run and Andrew cooked an amazing roast for dinner. After dinner - more tea and conversation! I will miss this nightly routine greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment