Thursday 28 June 2012

If you want something done, ask a busy person.

Tis been quite a while since my last entry and in that time I have continued to write up a storm. I start my Masters again in about 9 days after a good 8 months of time off. I am looking forward to getting back into it because it will hopefully feel like I am DOING something with my life, but am also quite concerned about its tendency to chew up all my free time. So I am writing crazily, trying to get a second full manuscript complete. That way I will have two full first drafts languishing in my drawer, waiting for my next opportunity to edit them. I have also been squashing all the episodes of Offspring and The Borgias into my viewing schedule and am nearly finished, again, just in time for Masters. And I've been back to work! Am working at two jobs that I used to have, before Borders even, and am liking them just fine :) It's good to have a little bit more of a routine, though it does chop out a lot of writing time. I have been to the rheumatologist after about 7 weeks on cortisone (in which I have gained a lot of weight...not happy) and she is now slowly weaning me off it to see if my joints can take it. Cross all appendages for me please! I have made a decent dent in my bookcase, trying to get through a sizeable amount of books I own but haven't read, and have made some nice discoveries in the process. Currently reading the latest Dexter novel and it is suitable witty and gruesome. About to start on the Fables graphic novels, courtesy of my best mate. Also doing a variety show with a bunch of awesome peeps, and trying to fit as much decent sleep into my schedule as life permits. Adios until next time folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment