Friday 13 April 2012

Portobello Market

So the last couple of days I have been chilling at Tim and Helen's apartment, which has been really relaxing. Sean jetted off to Germany for a few days yesterday and I went for a walk around Shepherd's Bush and watched lots of episodes of 'New Girl' and 'Grey's Anatomy'. Today however, I went to Portobello Road Market! I have been wanting to do this for years, and I thought I may as well go today, when I had the whole day free and could go at my own pace. It was really lovely weather, all warm and sunshiney and I managed to not spend very much at all - I bought a couple of tiny things and some tasty food from the stalls. They had some beautiful clothes and handbags, reeeeaaaallllyyy difficult to resist buying, not to mention some wonderful pieces of jewellery, but I managed to stick to my policy of just looking at the majority of things. There were plenty of antique bookstores, which were nearly my undoing, but I have to remind myself of baggage weight limits as well as cost. One guy had a stall with some early editions of Peter Pan and Wendy. He was asking around 85 pounds for each, but my goodness, editions like these were priceless. One day. When I'm a millionaire. I stopped for lots of rests and read Room by Emma Donoghue, which is brilliant, and had dinner and conversation with Tim and Helen when I got home. I am tired, but in a comfy way, not a meanly exhausted way. Until tomorrow, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment